Location: 888 7th Avenue, Floor 13
New York, NY 10106
CPE: 2 credits
Imran Mia, Head of Center of Excellence, Nakisa
Toni Lastella, Managing Director, ERP Solutions, Protiviti
Join Nakisa and Protiviti’s industry-leading lease accounting experts as they cover key lessons learned from real-life projects and industry best practices for reporting under IFRS 16 and ASC 842. Over the course of this breakfast seminar, you will hear practical advice based on experience with world leading organizations such as Bloomberg, Marathon Oil and Walmart. The goal of the session is to provide accountants and other financial professionals with additional perspective on reporting for leases, while providing proven techniques for overcoming challenges.
- Connect with industry peers who are facing similar challenges
- Have your toughest lease accounting questions answered by our technical accounting team
- See why the world’s largest organizations trust Nakisa Lease Administration
- Hear how Protiviti can support your compliance initiatives
||Part 1: Lease Accounting in 2019 - Technical Accounting, Lessons Learned and Advice
||Part 2: How Technology Can Help - Nakisa Lease Administration demo
||Part 3: How Protiviti Can Support Your Lease Accounting Journey
Part 1: Lease Accounting in 2019 - Technical Accounting, Lessons Learned and Advice
Part 2: How Technology Can Help (Solution Positioning/Sales Pitch)
Gain practical advice on accounting policies and practical expedients such as lease/nonlease policy elections
Learn how to identify embedded leases and how to do the right accounting treatment of embedded leases.
Learn more about the complexities surrounding setting up the incremental borrowing rates
Get an insight on Transition Accounting requirements and new GL accounts needed for ASC 842 Compliance.
Learn more on quantitative disclosure reporting
Understand how to manage dynamic requirements of the standards: reassessment, re-measurement and modifications (increase/decrease in scope).
Part 3: How Protiviti Can Support Your Lease Accounting Journey
- Learn how robust technology can support complex lease accounting requirements: non-calendar fiscal year reporting, dual ledgers (IFRS & US GAAP), change events, IBR, disclosure reporting
- Hear why customers trust Nakisa for their lease accounting compliance
Out-of-the-box quantitative disclosure reports validated and used by Fortune 100 companies
Mass event management
Validated integration for both SAP and Oracle
API framework to build extensions, automate postings and to leverage financial data residing in ERP and other financial systems
Real-time custom report creation by slicing and dicing data
- Technical Accounting Advisory
- Lease Contracts Extraction
- Building a Lease Accounting Journey Map
- We can support implementation of the solution